Below is a quick guide to Rectors connected with the group who grew up around the Hilltop in Columbus, Ohio in the middle of the twentieth century. We will expand this as we learn more.
Posts concerned with the background of these folks can be found in the “History” category group.
Tree trunk; This Branch:
Marcus Clay Rector – Libbie Hodgson
- Mildred – Clinton
- – Hollis
- Alva – Iona
- Eva – Robert
- Robert Jr.
- Marge – Russel
- Herb – Ruth
- Wendell – Martha
- John Marcus – Carol
- Eric – Alison
- Brian – Nataliya
- Wendell – Carol
- Thomas – Lynn
- Matthew – Andrea
- – Kelly
- Maria Katerina (Masha)
- Amy – Gary
- Jane – George
- Frank – Wilda
- Cinda Jo
- Marla Beth
HANS RICHTER, 1550 – ?, paid the fee for Siegen citizenship in 1585, being ‘from the country near Miessen’, from the city of Freiburg.
JACOB RICHTER, 1575 – ?; two or three sons, named in 1609 as owner of a house in Doehrstrasse in Siegen.
JOHANNES RICHTER, 1605 – ?, m Anna ? 1632; eleven children, admitted that year to the Guild of Hammersmiths and Smelters as a Reidtmeister (middleman).
CHRISTOPHEL RICHTER, 1645 – 1714, m Anna Catharine Becker 1666;; Truppich, Germany, 2K east of Siegen.
HANS JACOB RICHTER (changed to JOHN JACOB RECTOR in America), 1674 – ?, m 1711 Elizabeth Fishbach; four sons (Harmon was second, the first born in America), arrived in Orange Co., Virginia 1714
HARMON RECTOR, 1715 – 1785; m; Mary Nelson; four sons, Harmon’s youngest brother Jacob has his begats posted here (where much of the above info is from).
HENRY, 1732 – 1799; m; Nancy; 3 sons, 2 daughters
SPENCER, 1765 – 1794; m; Mary Tiffin; 3 sons, 2 daughters
HENRY CLAY, 1789 – 1854; m; Elizabeth Hotsinpiller 1812; 6 sons, 1 daughter
JOHN RITENOUR, 1813 – 1877; m; Araminta Marinda Wiggins 1833; 5 sons, 6 daughters plus
— m Sue McCoy 1864; 1 son, 2 daughters
MARCUS, 1837 – 1897 m Frances van Keuren; 5 sons, 4 daughters
MARCUS CLAY, 1875 – 1949 m Elizabeth (Libby) Hodgson 1882 – 1972; both born and raised in Big Plain, Ohio, sang in the Methodist church choir together, moved to Lancaster, then to West Jefferson where their vehicle always had a license plate starting with “Z” after that.